Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MARSEC Newbies

2 posters

Go down

MARSEC Newbies Empty MARSEC Newbies

Post by Ted-Pencry 13/10/2012, 15:35

If you are new to the Marsec industry, please post your questions in this part of the forum.
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

MARSEC Newbies Empty Re: MARSEC Newbies

Post by duffy1664 2/12/2012, 18:46

Hello all I am new to MARSEC as i have just left the services. I am a fully qualified VPO and i have all the badges and stickers to go with it what i need to know is the best route to getting a job.

1) I have sent my CV to 34 companies with the same responce from 32 of them this being they have no work at the moment but will keep my details. The other companies offered me work but the money just wasnt worth it. so my question is do i take the lower paid work to get experiance and to get my foot in the door or keep sending my cv to the other compaines i think there are 601 SAMI registered companies which i dont mind doing but people in the industry seem to think im sending too many CV's out ?

duffy1664
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 2/12/2012, 19:19

Duffy,

That is currently the trouble right now with Marsec.
There was a massive boom with it and it has gone down a lot.
Less and less contracts are being given, personnel are not paid very well, jobs are fewer and far between these days....

Seems Marsec isn't really what some predicted.
Many ships are employing Eastern Europeans who will work for near to nothing. Just like what was happening in Iraq.

Iraq and Afghan will also be coming to an end so I am wondering where it is all going to happen.

Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy1664 2/12/2012, 19:27

Hi Ted
It seems I may have spent a few thousand pounds on training in the wrong field because cp is still current with many jobs being posted I know the wages are not as good as they used to be but it dosnt look too bad at the moment.

duffy1664
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down