Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training provider advice

2 posters

Go down

Training provider advice Empty Training provider advice

Post by Ubique8556 17/7/2014, 20:37

Gents, Ladies working in the Sandpit

I'm after people's opinions on TPs andEmployment.Would I be better off doing a HECPO type course like Ronin SA or Ronin Concepts or going with an operational firm like CRG or G4S bearing in mind they don't have a Firearms/Hostile type package?.

I have no problem conducting firearms training as part of a CP course, my concern is maximising my employment chances.

Brief background on myself,full screw ,FST 2ic,Team Medic with an Iraq tour and three Afghanistan tours.

Ubique8556
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Training provider advice Empty Re: Training provider advice

Post by OwenSL 25/7/2014, 17:06

I'll start by saying I've never worked the sandpit, my lack of hostile environment experience in either a private or military capacity has precluded me from such work. I have completed the Ronin SA course and I have nothing but good things to say about it, however from what I've gathered, having sent my CV to almost every company I can find, is that they tend to prefer guys with hostile environment experience who have completed their own training programs. CRG pretty much say as much on their website. 

I'm not saying that completing the Ronin SA or Ronin concepts course will work against you, as both are really good course, however by completing the course run by the company you want to work for, I feel you have a greater chance of employment as they can get an indication of the type of operator you'll be based on your course performance. 

That's just my two cents worth.
OwenSL
OwenSL
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Training provider advice Empty Re: Training provider advice

Post by Ubique8556 25/7/2014, 17:45

Thanks Owen

Ubique8556
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member