Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can we do to boost up the forum again.

3 posters

Go down

What can we do to boost up the forum again. Empty What can we do to boost up the forum again.

Post by Hawk 24/10/2015, 22:32

I Think less people are aware of this forum, and I am never going to return to CPW what a bunch of egosentric people.
We also need 1-3 guys that actually do job search and add Daily jobadverts.
Right now it is no new jobs listed and many is a year old.
Either use the advertisement Money to pay someone to do it 1 hour a day or arrange something extra to them that do add jobs.
Sales person ?

Hawk
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

What can we do to boost up the forum again. Empty Re: What can we do to boost up the forum again.

Post by Rikard 1/11/2015, 23:17

I think the lack of activity on the forum comes from that there are not really much to discuss if we stick to serious CP subject.
Not like there is nothing to say about it but if I’m looking for info on something relevant the search button either here or on another forum usually prevent me from asking any questions.
Also the lack of trolls and pure idiots on the forum takes away much of the bullshit which kept CPW going. CPW have had some good discussions and there are much good info to be found there, but they are also getting more quiet and have had most recent activity due to the members do not use the search button, do not read the question, do not read previous answers, or having a general attitude which provoke debate and the quality easy get lost in the blur which it creates.

The French forum SUPR is getting quiet as well, although they still have many quality posts and discussions relevant to CP and often news concerning international security industry in general which I certainly would not have found elsewhere.

Another serious French forum is FFPR, which is open only to members of the French bodyguard association (Fédération Française de Protection Rapproche) and is a very good source for anyone looking for info on French legislation.

I wonder if the daily job adverts would really help to boost up the forum in a desired way, ok it would bring up the statistics of number of posts, but I presume it would only be the same job offers as already goes around on all job hunters e-mail groups, LinkedIn and Facebook groups, and posting the same vacancies here as well would maybe get up the quantity of posts but for the quality I’m not so sure.

I think the forum could easily be turned in to a job advert board, an advertisement board for CP training providers, or a CPW Irish Pub kind of thing which likely would boost the number of posts, but I have hard to think that it was Ted had in mind when he created the forum.

Rikard
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

What can we do to boost up the forum again. Empty Re: What can we do to boost up the forum again.

Post by Ted-Pencry 9/11/2015, 14:38

What a fantastic topic this is!!!! 

Thank you Hawk and Rikard for taking the time out to think up ways of making this forum better!

I think this forum has the potential to be top dog.

Close Protection Domain is a forum where all full members are verified, this means they know we know who they are.

This means we don't get trolls posting or fake profiles being created by people who want to rip apart a company or individual they have a grudge against.

Less people are aware of this forum, this is why there is less than 1400 members, numbers are slowly growing though.

We don't need a sales person, we just need a few more moderators to post info everyday and bring new people to the forum, we need moderators who put the word out and mods to help with job ads.

We need regular competitions, regular job ads, regular information circulating, more newsletters sent, a special once a year networking event, Companies giving freebies to members or special prices...

Lets face it, with the current events and crisis, there is less and less jobs about, the industry is pretty saturated, I remember 10 years ago, there was hundreds of jobs everyday.
As you all say, not only Close Protection Domain is quiet, a lot of forums are going quiet because people have less and less time for others.

These days, its all take take take, when people have nothing to gain from something they don't bother, so less and less people are taking time to post in order to help others.

The world is changing fast and people are having to adapt and to change with it.

But instead these days, people enjoy  more going on forums to have a laugh, bash others, insult others, and let off some steam instead of giving help.

That is exactly what we see on other forums, we see silly conversations of people insulting each other for no reason, and this is why CPD was created.
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down