Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

2 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post by C45blaster 23/9/2013, 10:04

Hello to all. My name's Rob. I'm retired US military and presently working close personal protection in the Los Angeles, Ca. area. Prior to this and again in the near future I work high-threat PSD in Afghanistan and Pakistan. I prefer high-threat work over domestic celebrity babysitting but we all have to eat and pay the bills. I've attended training at Blackwater , Trojan Securities, Executive Security International, and Sig Sauer Academy to name a few. I'm also an NRA certified firearms instructor in a number of disciplines as well as a combatives ( boxing, karate, kali) practitioner. I've also worked protection for private clients in Turkey and the Caribbean and will be departing soon for a detail in Hong Kong and Macau. To all my fellow close protection operators some of my personal guidelines are:
1) TRAIN,TRAIN, and TRAIN some more! I'm not as good as I want to be, but I'm better than you think I am!
2) Keep your resume/CV up to date and cast it far and wide. That's how you'll get work.
3) Never consider yourself an expert. It implies you have nothing more to learn and unless you are totally braindead you'll learn something every day.
4) Network with others at and above your level. Wannabees can only suck off YOUR energy.
5) It's not about the gun or comabatives skills, even in high-threat environments. It's about using your brain!

Glad to be a member. Looking forward to helpful and relevant discourse in the forums. RLTW!!

C45blaster
Guest (Unverified)
Guest (Unverified)

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post by Sabre 25/9/2013, 16:15

Hello Rob, welcome to the forum. Nice Intro and good advice!

Regards,
Stuart.
Sabre
Sabre
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

http://www.sabresecurity.info

Back to top Go down