Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suicide Attack At Volleyball Game Kills 45

Go down

Suicide Attack At Volleyball Game Kills 45 Empty Suicide Attack At Volleyball Game Kills 45

Post by Ted-Pencry 24/11/2014, 10:10

Source: Sky News

A suicide bomber walks into a crowd of spectators at a volleyball match in eastern Afghanistan and detonates his explosives vest.

Suicide Attack At Volleyball Game Kills 45 Wounded-1-762x428
At least 50 people were wounded in the attack

At least 45 people have been killed after a suicide bombing at a volleyball tournament in Afghanistan.

The blasts took place at a crowded stadium, and most of the victims were civilians. At least 50 have been wounded.
According to officials, the bomber detonated his explosives vest after mingling with spectators on foot.

Suicide Attack At Volleyball Game Kills 45 Afghanistan2-1-480x360
The attack took place in Yahya Kheyl in the Paktika province

Abdulhay, an 11-year boy being treated for minor injuries in a hospital in Sharana, the provincial capital of Paktika, described the moment the bomb went off.

"I and my friends were watching the game and we were cheering each time our team scored.

"Then I heard a boom that threw me back unconscious. I opened my eyes in the hospital and don't know if my friends are dead or alive."

Attaullah Fazli, deputy governor of Paktika, said: "The suicide attacker was on a motorcycle, he detonated himself in the middle of a volleyball match.

"A lot of people including some provincial officials and the police chief were there."

This is one of the deadliest attacks to rock Afghanistan this year. No one has yet claimed responsibility.

Paktika province lies along the porous border with Pakistan's North Waziristan region, used as a base by both the Haqqani militant network and the Pakistani branch of the Taliban.

For months, the Pakistani army has been waging an offensive against militants in North Waziristan, driving refugees and militants across the border into Afghanistan.

Earlier on Sunday, it was confirmed the combat role of US and NATO troops has been extended into 2015.
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down