Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP Australia

3 posters

Go down

CPP Australia Empty CPP Australia

Post by Simon G 26/7/2015, 14:28

Hello everyone in CPD. I am involved in forming a Committee to lobby our Govt in Australia to recognise the need & requirement the profession of CPP (Armed) through implementing & adopting training and licensing standards. We have developed a training course with pre-requisites and standards correlating to gaining a CPP license allowing individuals to engage in employment as a CPPO. So I would welcome any input from individuals or organisations that can offer advise in assisting our endeavour. My profile is available on the public networking forum LinkedIn, Simon G

Simon G
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

CPP Australia Empty Re: CPP Australia

Post by Woedendstier 6/8/2015, 06:51

Hello,

Just my two cents :

- I don't like the use of the word "CPP" which already exists as "Certified Protection Professional" in the USA, to describe a different kind of job, and accepted / recognized in various countries. This just creates confusion.

- Regulation destroys the industry. Past examples in the UK and France are pretty obvious. All you will get, is thousands of freshly trained "CPOs", trained by companies that will lower their standards of teaching to the minimum acceptable, because this my friends, is the commercial sector. Thousands of them which means, ready to accept lower wages. You guys in Australia are copying a system that failed. Even though a bouncer in Australia nowadays makes almost as much as a PSD TL in Iraq. Is it a problem of weapons safety ? Then the problem lies at the level of weapon carrying licensing, not in the CPO standards.

- You have my respect for working and making things change ; just make sure you push into the right direction.
Woedendstier
Woedendstier
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon G 6/8/2015, 07:30

Thanks Woedendstier, appreciate your views. We are trying to establish standards for Australia and we have training packages that address such. Hopefully the eventual outcome will be that individuals with qualifications gained from elsewhere will need to be the equivalent to the Australian standards and meet any gaps. It won't be a case of rubber stamping a certification be from the UK, US, Euro. We don't want to make a monster out of it but provide a legal framework for armed personal protection in Australia.

Simon G
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 20/8/2015, 20:18

Welcome Simon, I would advise you to get vetted in the forum so you can get full access!

regards,

Ted
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down