Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SGTGerman falling in.

2 posters

Go down

SGTGerman falling in. Empty SGTGerman falling in.

Post by SGTGerman 6/9/2015, 10:23

Hello and thank you for accepting me as a member.

I am currently leaving the British Army after six years of service and one operational tour in a Combat Support role. My main aim is to become a Close Protection Officer and inspire to work abroad in an armed role. The main reasons why I'm interested in this line of work include challenge, self development and lifestyle.

I came across this sight on the Ronin South Africa website whilst sifting through endless amounts of different CP courses and companies. Complements to the team who created the TOP 10 providers - it was the first page I looked at and it has helped me enormously.

What I really need from this site is a bit of direction, guidance and advice. Before I signed off CP was the way to in terms of money, career and lifestyle. It seems since the moment I've signed off this has changed for the worse. Apparently even SNCOs with Infantry backgrounds with a huge arsenal of courses including Skill at Arms, Tours etc due to the use of Locally Employed Contractors, which has also driven down wages dramatically.

For now I have very limited internet access so replying may be difficult during the week however all advice is welcome. I do have a lot of questions however I am trying to find the answers on the threads first before posting them.

Thanks for reading.

SGTG

SGTGerman
Guest (Unverified)
Guest (Unverified)

Back to top Go down

SGTGerman falling in. Empty Re: SGTGerman falling in.

Post by SGTGerman 6/9/2015, 10:26

"Apparently even SNCOs with Infantry backgrounds with a huge arsenal of courses including Skill at Arms, Tours etc are struggling to get work due to the use of Locally Employed Contractors, which has also driven down wages dramatically."

SGTGerman
Guest (Unverified)
Guest (Unverified)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 16/9/2015, 18:49

Welcome to the forum SGTG and thanks for your kind words on the CPDTP report.

My advice would be to just invest a great deal of money on courses.
On courses you will meet people and start creating your own network of contacts which helps with finding employment in the future.
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum