Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NABA not around?

2 posters

Go down

NABA not around? Empty NABA not around?

Post by Ledson 19/2/2016, 00:25

Does anyone know what happened to NABA? I see BBA is still around, but i was wondering if there was anything else for CP professionals in the US thats trust worthy?

Thanks for the help.

Ledson
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

NABA not around? Empty Re: NABA not around?

Post by Hawk 19/2/2016, 23:06

Not sure, website is down most organisations have lost members since all they actually did was give you discounts on training, a diploma on the wall and an ID card.
IBA have lost their reputation since Jim was found out to be a total fraud so many good members left
PBA is still around but don't have the info how it is run these days
WBA, IPSA, IBSSA in my eyes never gave anything..some did issue a badge after 100-150 hours there is still companies that give a membership card and a badge but it really don't mean anything since it is all about each country laws and regulations. Today there are forums and groups that do the same work by posting jobs, networking etc.
However more and more forums and groups lost members since Admin often take the jobs or Hot contacts posted or is taking side with a training provider. I can say that I left closeprotectionworld just because of that reason.
When a few people scratch one and others back and run companies or have interests in companies (under the radar) it is against all that a network is all about.
BBA never gave me anything nor did anyone else..

I have been a member of many associations in the past and only 1 contact I got from GSI actually lead to work some 6 years after and they don't exist anymore I think.

Hawk
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledson 19/2/2016, 23:20

so bottom line is, sift through all the Facebook groups and what active forums there are left, or hope the people you trained with are still active to find out whats good or not?

Ledson
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk 19/2/2016, 23:32

I am no longer on facebook to much wannabes, been stabbed in the back to many times from (friends)
LinkedIn is still a good network forum but the associations is money in the lake for sure.

Hawk
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledson 19/2/2016, 23:34

ill agree with the wannabes, ill try linkedIn and play it by ear and gut i guess. Thanks

Ledson
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum