Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions and improvements

2 posters

Go down

Questions and improvements Empty Questions and improvements

Post by Ted-Pencry 10/10/2012, 23:28

If you have any questions regarding CPD or remarks on what we could do to improve, please post your thoughts in this part of the forum.

Regards,

Ted
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Questions and improvements Empty Re: Questions and improvements

Post by Space Coast 11/11/2012, 11:09

Although open to abuse on other "open" forums, a thread about unscrupulous training providers, charlatans and downright conmen (or women) taking student's hard earned cash and providing bullcrap in return could be useful I think. Provided, of course, that any comments could be substantiated and were first hand.

Brian
Space Coast
Space Coast
CPD Consultant/VIP
CPD Consultant/VIP

http://www.spacecoasttactical.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 11/11/2012, 11:19

Hi Brian,

Fully agree with that.
The thing is, if we start exposing people on here and all the walts and muppets in the profession we might draw their attention, we will definitely waste our time talking about people who don't deserve it and the forum may then get problems with these companies and unscrupulous individuals pressing charges or trying to do the forum harm.

I have no funds, the forum has no funds, I spent my own money to build it, so I am thinking how could I defend this forum if someone exposed decided to press charges?

Another way of weeding out the muppets and bad companies is simply to not even mention them.

I will open a poll for CPD members to vote.

2 Questions:

1/ Should we talk about and expose the conmen in our profession?

2/ Or Should we just simply not mention them?
The fact they are not even mentionned should be enough to deter any of our members to go and give them money for training as all the best providers will be mentionned here in the future anyway.

Let me know what yout think.

Best,

Ted

Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Coast 11/11/2012, 11:38

Point taken Ted. Given the situation, not much to have a poll. I get it.

I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet, particularly when it comes to firearms, about companies professing to be special this and tactical that when in fact they are a bunch of clowns. In Florida, they are coming out of the woodwork :)

Problem is, they are downright dangerous and are not licensed by city or state and usually don't have insurance (that amazes me as we have $2m per incident, no incident limit and it costs us only $350 per year through the NRA). Fortunately, they don't last long. However, the knock-on effect of these idiots even existing is that all Florida TP's are tarred with the same brush.

Brian
Space Coast
Space Coast
CPD Consultant/VIP
CPD Consultant/VIP

http://www.spacecoasttactical.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down