Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great story!

2 posters

Go down

A great story! Empty A great story!

Post by Ted-Pencry 2/12/2012, 07:33

AN EX-SOLDIER turned bodyguard has helped save the life of a seriously injured motorcyclist following a horror crash on a Solihull road.

Iraq veteran Simon Smith had been driving along Streetsbrook Road, near Olton Cemetery, at 10pm on Monday evening, when he spotted an overturned motorbike.

“I saw a motorbike lying on its side and thought, where’s the rider?” said the 32-year-old from Shirley.
“We pulled over and then I saw him, crumpled on the floor. It was throwing it down and there were leaves across the road, it looked like he had slipped and gone into a tree.

“It was a very bad injury, a double leg break. I’ve seen some bad injuries in my time in Iraq, this was right up there with them.
“The amount of blood loss was life threatening.”

Simon’s medical training kicked in and he was able to stabilise the victim until paramedics arrived to take him to hospital.

“I knew he was at risk of hypothermia so my girlfriend went knocking round the neighbours and managed to get some dog blankets which we covered him up with. It was a nasty injury, I just hope he’s OK and he’s able to keep his leg.”

Solihull Police said the 30-year-old motorcyclist was in a “serious but stable condition in hospital.” The cause of the crash is being investigated.

Thanks has now been pouring in on Simon’s Twitter page.

Stevie Hollinshead told him: “I believe me and my family owe you the biggest thank you of our lives. Without your help it would have been fatal.”

While Deb Jodie sent the message: “I believe I owe you the biggest thank you ever. Last night it was my partner you, and our wonderful emergency services, helped.”

Simon left the services after nine years, including a tour of duty in Iraq, and now works as a bodyguard to high profile and wealthy clients in the UK and Middle East.

“It’s a good lifestyle,” he said. “It’s a bit different for a 32-year-old!”
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

A great story! Empty Re: A great story!

Post by Sabre 2/12/2012, 16:40

It`s good to read stories like this , a lifetime of training has paid off if you can save just one life!

Lucky the rider had someone switched on come along!
Sabre
Sabre
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

http://www.sabresecurity.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 2/12/2012, 17:06

The rider was so lucky.
It just goes to show that doing CP helps in every day life.
Being fit helps in every day life, as does being SV aware, as does knowing how to defend yourself, as does being switched on, as does having First Aid knowledge.

We are lucky to be in such a profession where we can help so many people.
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre 2/12/2012, 17:30

Agreed Ted. We should all strive to improve our skills and knowledge through training and learning from experiences of our fellow professionals, it ultimately makes us a better operator and person, and best equipped to deal with the the more unpleasant situations we may find ourselves in!
Sabre
Sabre
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

http://www.sabresecurity.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down