Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking the dog

2 posters

Go down

Walking the dog Empty Walking the dog

Post by Ted-Pencry 4/1/2013, 21:23

As a professional CPO, would you walk the dog if asked to (with the principal next to you) ?
What would you see as the advantages/disadvantages of agreeing or not to walk the dog?
How would your work as a CPO be affected by having to concentrate on the dog whilst keeping your eyes open as the principal is walking alongside you....

Walking the dog Tim_bl10

Walking the dog Photo-10
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Walking the dog Empty Re: Walking the dog

Post by sworks 5/1/2013, 13:28

I hear the same about CP guys being loaded up with shopping bags and luggage.

Can they do their job effectively?

Not being CP trained, yet, I would imagine it would come down to negotiation with the client.
sworks
sworks
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 5/1/2013, 13:37

There is quite a difference between a bag and a dog as the bag is not a living thing and you can keep your eyes on the principal whilst holding a bag in your left hand.

It also depends on the threat, and the relationship with the principal.
I can imagine a CPO saying no to the principal and then finding himself unemployed, it also depends on the principal, his character and if the principal is intelligent to understand or not what CP is.

The other question is, once you say yes to the dog, and then the luggage, what comes after that? cleaning the pool, picking up leaves in the garden???

Regarding the dog I guess it depends what dog as a yappy little dog that is all over the place will draw attention as well as distract the CPO.

Whilst a big placid dog that is trained might even be a big help as dogs do have a sixth sense and if you trained the principal's dog to go for someone then that's a winner!! lol!
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 5/1/2013, 13:39

The CPO above is looking at the floor, he has a dog in one hand and a water bottle in the other, the principal is behind him.... If the press didn't say he was a CPO I would never have guessed as he just looks like the fitness coach to me!
Walking the dog 933268420
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: