Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to think about for Skype inteview?

4 posters

Go down

What to think about for Skype inteview? Empty What to think about for Skype inteview?

Post by Rikard 8/7/2013, 15:13

Is there anything special to think about before a previewed Skype interview?

Of course making same reaserch and preparation as before any job interview but is there anything special to keep in mind?

What about dress code?
If I go to a "normal" interview, of course i wear a suit but what a bout a "skype" is it appropriate to be a little more casual since i'm at home or is it Suit end of story?
I do want to give a good impression whitout seams stressed and I am afraid the suit would be a little over-kill.

Rikard
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

What to think about for Skype inteview? Empty Re: What to think about for Skype inteview?

Post by Sabre 9/7/2013, 16:49

It is a good question Rikard. I have never undergone a Skype interview so can`t advise on this one, maybe a fellow member has experience with this?
I would think if it is a CP job you are applying for the interviewer would like to see you looking smart, as he/she would like to see you on the job. This is only my personal opinion though and may be wrong!
Sabre
Sabre
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

http://www.sabresecurity.info

Back to top Go down

What to think about for Skype inteview? Empty Re: What to think about for Skype inteview?

Post by Rich H 11/7/2013, 10:23

If it's an interview for a job application then the actual method/ means of interview is not relevant.  You dress and act according to the function of that interview.

Just make sure your 'tech' is up to speed and operating perfectly.  Nothing worse than for your interview to be 'stopped' due to poor sounds/ picture or disconnected due to poor connection.

Test before hand and make sure all is set up ready to rock well in advance of the interview itself.

Watch your background, not just lighting but the entire picture that will be viewed.  Makes sure that you will be in a quiet room/ area without being disturbed by noises/ interrupted.

Good luck!

Rich H
Rich H
Rich H
CPD Consultant/VIP
CPD Consultant/VIP

http://www.CPBook.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rikard 11/7/2013, 11:10

Thank you Rich!

That is a very good answer, I wished I was able to follow your advise, however destiny wanted the interview to be performed less profesional from my part than I would have wished to.

Yeasterday afternoon I was sitting in a pair of shorts only, testing the Skype which I only installed for the purpose of this interview, when my cell phone ringed, I picked up the phone and it was the interviewer on the phone who wanted to advance the interview and asked if I could take it immediatly.
I said yes, and was told to go online and at the same time I saw his company logo apear on my screen.
I made a run and grabed first clean shirt i could find which lucky for me was a smart looking polo shirt, closed the windows to get minimise traffic noise and answered the Skype call.

The Interview vent all right, I had the project explained to me and for being in the begining of a comercial career I could not hope for a better opertunity and there are realy good opurtunities for further Personal Development involved. I answered all question in a polite and accurat manner and at the end of the interview I was told that for him everything was good but he needs to get clearance from his boss before we can proceed.

I had this morning a phone call from the Interviewer and was told his boss is happy and i I have proceeded to a pretty advanced vetting system.
Just recived the forms to fill in for the Vetting and I do have a some houers work in front of me.

Thanks for the help anyway

Rikard

Rikard
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich H 11/7/2013, 11:11

Awesome to hear Rikard.  Onwards and upwards!

Cheers
R
Rich H
Rich H
CPD Consultant/VIP
CPD Consultant/VIP

http://www.CPBook.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 15/8/2013, 11:04

Skype interviews seem to be really taking the lead at present over the usual/traditional way of doing things which used to be travelling to meet in person with the recruiter.

I have a friend who just got a job in the middle east with a massive company and his interview was done via Skype only.

Why? 

He was in Europe and the company in the Middle East.
It saves time and money.

Companies are not willing to fork out money anymore to pay for flights for future employees nor are they willing to do so for their own interviewer.

The world moves too fast these days, people want things done fast and NOW rather than later, when a company is asked to provide personnel it is sometimes a matter of hours, if they don't provide the manpower they will lose the contract to another company, so messing about flying for hours and interviewing potential operators for hours simply won't work.

I think it is ok but I don't believe an interview via Skype is as thorough as face to face coupled with a firm handshake and look in the eye.

Cheats and liars will find it much more easy to lie by Skype as the screen adds a bit of protection and it is hard to see eye movement as well as facial expressions. As humans we give off Electricity (Ora or whatever you want to call it), and that doesn't pass through the screen, therefore it is 100 times harder to judge a person by Skype.
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum