Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firearms Training and Clubs for Brits?

+2
Rikard
Sabre
6 posters

Go down

Firearms Training and Clubs for Brits? Empty Firearms Training and Clubs for Brits?

Post by Sabre 25/11/2013, 13:41

I would like to get some time on a range with Pistols and Auto weapons. Obviously living in the UK this is not possible so I would like to hear from members some affordable options and past experiences with Training Providers and Gun Club memberships in Europe. I have looked into travelling to NI, the Isle Of Man, The Channel Islands, France and Eastern Europe. Is there an affordable way of getting some time on a range?
Sabre
Sabre
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

http://www.sabresecurity.info

Back to top Go down

Firearms Training and Clubs for Brits? Empty Re: Firearms Training and Clubs for Brits?

Post by Rikard 25/11/2013, 16:23

Are you thinking of like doing a week or two intensive 'shooting all' day?
In that case I would like to suggest Eurotactical in northern France (Bretagne) I have been doing their tactical firearms course a few years ago with full bore pistols and semi automatic assault rifles where I learned a lott and truely enjoyed the course. For more recent and detailed information I suggest google Eurotactical since they are getting more and more popular (with all right)

If you are in to more a day or two of full bore shooting to 'get back in shape' without doing a course (I suppose you are well trained already in the use and handeling of firearms) and are happy to shoot only handguns I suggest "Tir 1000" in Paris.
They are a gunshop with their own shooting range in the basement where you can rent a pistol or revolver (most poplular makes and modells) buy the ammunition and targets and get some rounds down the range. It is a year or so I been there so I dont remember the prices but as I recall it it's reasonable.

If you want to make regular tripps to France there are shooting clubs in every town where you can after membership and a few stamps in your book shoot full bore. For this you must have an address in France though.
This option is also open in Sweden if you have an address in Sweden....

Rikard
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Firearms Training and Clubs for Brits? Empty Re: Firearms Training and Clubs for Brits?

Post by Sabre 25/11/2013, 17:55

Many thanks for the info Rikard. I have looked at EuroTactical before and know a few lads who have been there coming back with praise. I'm looking mainly at Pistol shooting really as I won't be working in a Hostile Environment, somewhere I can go have some tuition and be able to come and go whenever I can. It's a pity I would need an address in France to join their clubs.
I will have a look at Tir1000, not come across these before.

Thanks again.
Stuart.
Sabre
Sabre
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rikard 27/11/2013, 20:15

I might have given you faulse info here, I am actually not sure that to join a French shooting club you need a French address. As I understand the rules (my French is not perfect) it is just written proof of address not specified a French address.
Probably can any native French speaking member confirm or denie this.

Tir 1000 is basicly a shooting club owned by the gunshop, you do not have to be a member in the club as you will shoot supervised by a instructor.
As I recall it the personal at Tir 1000 does not speak much English but first few times I was there I hardly spoke any French and we arrived to communicate anyway:scratch:    

Goos shooting.

Rikard
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Woedendstier 30/11/2013, 17:53

Sabre wrote:I would like to get some time on a range with Pistols and Auto weapons. Obviously living in the UK this is not possible so I would like to hear from members some affordable options and past experiences with Training Providers and Gun Club memberships in Europe. I have looked into travelling to NI, the Isle Of Man, The Channel Islands, France and Eastern Europe. Is there an affordable way of getting some time on a range?
France has indeed some good training centers and good instructors. Euro Tactical has only happy clients AFAIK, but you might also add Christian Goblas or INDRA.

What about Switzerland ? Including the British maffia at Edelweiss for example.

G4S / Phoenix apparently still deliver firearms training, you might want to ask them where and what the conditions are. I don't know if it is Gibraltar, Czech Republic or Geneva though...
Woedendstier
Woedendstier
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark22150 17/4/2014, 06:27

Good Morning Guys

Euro Tactical can do pistol only training, ideally if you get a group of 4 together we can bespoke something or you can do 2 days within one of our set courses.

There is a club run on our ranges on a weekend, you do not need a French address to be a member, you can hire a firearm and purchase ammunition.

Over 50% of our membership are overseas members.

Just to clear things on this one..you do not require a French address to hold a French Firearms licence and be a member of a club but you would require a french address to purchase firearms.

Don't hesitate to PM me with any specific questions

Mark

Mark22150
CPD Consultant/VIP
CPD Consultant/VIP

http://www.euro-tactical.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre 17/4/2014, 06:58

Thanks for the info Mark, I would very interested in gaining a French Firearms Licence and joining your club. It's been a long time since I shot a pistol (15yrs) so would need some refresher training. 
I will have to look into options for travelling over!
Sabre
Sabre
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Coast 17/4/2014, 09:48

Mark22150 wrote:Good Morning Guys

Euro Tactical can do pistol only training, ideally if you get a group of 4 together we can bespoke something or you can do 2 days within one of our set courses.

There is a club run on our ranges on a weekend, you do not need a French address to be a member, you can hire a firearm and purchase ammunition.

Over 50% of our membership are overseas members.

Just to clear things on this one..you do not require a French address to hold a French Firearms licence and be a member of a club but you would require a french address to purchase firearms.

Don't hesitate to PM me with any specific questions

Mark

Hey Mark. How are you? Nice to see you here.

How's this for a gesture. All the owners of Eurotactical are welcome at any time to shoot for free with us...... open ended offer :)
Space Coast
Space Coast
CPD Consultant/VIP
CPD Consultant/VIP

http://www.spacecoasttactical.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre 17/4/2014, 16:06

Great gesture and spirit Space Coast, nice to see!
Sabre
Sabre
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 17/4/2014, 18:50

Some great info there Mark, I always thought one needed to live in France to be a member of a shooting club there. It really is great that foreign nationals and particularly Brits can go and shoot in France as it is more lenient than the UK.

I did some work in France for a few months and went to a shooting club.

I am not mistaken, in France each club has its own rules and regulations re members being accepted, some clubs are made into Ltd companies whilst some are associations under the 1901 law.

Some ask for CRB's and some ask for the member to be brougt in by someone who is already a member and can vouch for him.

Some French shooting clubs require a French CRB before even being allowed on the ranges.

Doesn't the licence have to be signed by a French doctor only?

How do the foreign club members get their French shooting federation licence signed by a French doctor if they don't speak French as the doctor has to talk to the person, the signing of the french shooting licence is not only about physical condition but the doctor confirms the person is ok in his head and not mad and can hold a firearm without turning it on others?

Interesting thread!
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by Woedendstier 19/4/2014, 20:47

Ted-Pencry wrote:
How do the foreign club members get their French shooting federation licence signed by a French doctor if they don't speak French as the doctor has to talk to the person, the signing of the french shooting licence is not only about physical condition but the doctor confirms the person is ok in his head and not mad and can hold a firearm without turning it on others?

Interesting thread!

I guess at the moment London must be crowded by French doctors fleeing away from communist France  Firearms Training and Clubs for Brits? 356774364  Some parts of London have almost turned French-Speaking territory.

Usually, French doctors in France speak English as well.
Woedendstier
Woedendstier
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down