Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Own personal fitness

+3
jomac
teamplayer
Ted-Pencry
7 posters

Go down

Own personal fitness Empty Own personal fitness

Post by Ted-Pencry 13/10/2012, 16:24

Outside of group classes, self defense and martial arts lessons what personal fitness do you do by yourself?
Do you swim, run, do weights, cycling, all of these?
What is your fitness program?
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Own personal fitness Empty Re: Own personal fitness

Post by teamplayer 5/4/2013, 09:43

Ted, I follow the P90x fitness plan religiously and sprint training, suits me fine. I'm wondering what anyone else does as with my shift work I can find 1hr 30 everyday to commit.
Personal fitness is a priority to me and wondering if when your tasked can you still keep it up ( depending on task and location I assume ) .

teamplayer
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jomac 6/4/2013, 12:03

I'll be the first to admit that I am now one of those crazy people that just loves PT. My incentive to run in the Army was the faster I ran, the sooner it was over, simples.

However, I do/have done Insanity, Insanity the Asylum Vol 1, Spartacus workout, etc. Insanity is good to use where you have no access to gyms and so on as no gear is required. Just a bit of space, your own bodyweight and a dvd player. For Insanity the Asylum Vol 1, you just need dumbbells and resistance bands, the speed rope and damn agility ladder comes with it. Spartacus was just dumbells required.

I completed Insanity and Insanity the Asylum Vol 1 previously but had a break of 1 and a half months where I was working away and unable to do any at all, so I'm back at the Insanity currently to get my fitness level back up.

I do have P90X, Tapout XT and Insanity the Asylum Vol 2 to crack on with at some point also, eek!

It's a lot of hard work to get fit, so it's easier to keep it going once you do, to not have to go through all that hard work each time ha ha. I think as long as you try and do something to keep it up, even if that is just bodyweight exercises and some cardio, that is half the battle.

Research is key study

jomac
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teamplayer 6/4/2013, 18:36

Oh my word jomac that is a lot of fitness DVDs . I love insanity to get that ripped look and the appeal of no equipment or gym needed is a bonus. The p90x has made me stronger, leaner and more durable and after a lot of systems it suits me however having no CP experience I wonder what people do whilst tasked. I also agree that I should keep on top of my fitness as trying to regain it is tough.

teamplayer
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich H 7/4/2013, 10:21

'Fitness Wins' is a saying i've abided by for the past 20 odd years. As I'm getting older I don't really see my times going down for runs over certain distances but that the recovery takes far longer. The recovery period can even be felt into the next day and it is this specifically that affects the subsequent training session.

Recovery is important for your own health and injury avoidance but I like to maximise the feeling and continue to push myself in the following days. Having a rest day is then welcomed without feeling guilty.

Fitness in CP is vitally important and it never ceases to amaze me how many obese unfit looking people there are in our industry.

Fitness Wins Frank...!

Rich H
Rich H
CPD Consultant/VIP
CPD Consultant/VIP

http://www.CPBook.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by teamplayer 7/4/2013, 20:36

Rest can be as important as the workout. What do you do when on a job? is it a case of fitting 'anything' in or do you have to wait until not tasked?

teamplayer
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich H 7/4/2013, 22:48

I'm not one in believing in conducting fitness on task in my role. There simply is not sufficient time as there are only 24 hours on the day 18+ of which are out on the ground.

Yes, sure it can work for some jobs but in the main on proper corporate jobs - it's a non-starter.
Rich H
Rich H
CPD Consultant/VIP
CPD Consultant/VIP

http://www.CPBook.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by teamplayer 8/4/2013, 20:59

Rich,
I understand thank you.

teamplayer
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 8/4/2013, 21:29

Good posts, thanks.
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Turnbull 15/5/2013, 09:01

Every workout:
Cardio to begin, intense and as heavy as possible resistance training with free weights and machines with drop sets, more cardio and then bagwork.
Chris Turnbull
Chris Turnbull
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanman 18/5/2013, 18:41

Luckily i have a couple of hours every evening as the vast majority of my work over here is mornings,
I ve been doing the Bodycombat for 8 weeks now and my fitness is nearly where i want it.
I think its similar to the Insanity and p90x and you can take it with you on a hard drive anywhere.
Failing that its a run and a good skipping session.
And i agree Rich there are guys here that are on contract and do no fitness at all.
And we ve been here two years, Shocking.
Tanman
Tanman
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rikard 18/6/2013, 15:25

Since i left the Legion about two months ago I have been running two mornings out of three, or changed every second or third run to a few houers of moutain biking combined with some swimming in the sea (Mediteranean)
In the afternoon i have been doing pretty hardcore sessions of pull upps or every second day dips/push upp sessions.
Both the pull upp and dips/push upp sessions are followed by sittupps.

Now this week and the next one i will try to take it easy and limmit myself to only run/cycling every third-fourth day and instead go swimming in the sea every day i'm not running/cycling butt i make effort in lie more on the beach and watch women than actually swim, feels horrible but i know it's for my own good:D
I still work upper body as frequent butt keep it to much lighter sessions.

Rikard

Rikard
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down