Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review on CP2H2 Unarmed Tactics for Close Protection Course

3 posters

Go down

Review on CP2H2 Unarmed Tactics for Close Protection Course  Empty Review on CP2H2 Unarmed Tactics for Close Protection Course

Post by andrew-bowler 3/11/2014, 17:19

Hi all,

I have just had the pleasure in returning from an excellent course ran by a operator called Michael Wright of CP2H2.

I was going to write a review on this course as i would like to recommand this course to you all but another operator called Alex, who i was paired with, wrote a outstanding review on the course.

This review was posted on another forum but i asked and recieved the ok to post on this forum from Alex. I could not add anything else to this great review and hope it will help someone in this assoication who may be thinking on trainning with Michael.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Review on CP2H2 Unarmed Tactics for Close Protection Course  Icon1 CPH2H training course
 Hi All

I just wanted to put out a post about the CPH2H training course I had attended yesterday that Michael Wright ran with his team at the BUDO KWAI in London.

I had spoken to Michael several times over the years about training and had been juggling trying to train with him on my down time as I had been working abroad at the time and finally managed to attend his course and very good it was too just wish I had managed to do it earlier. So on arrival met up with a few of the guys who were there for the course mixed bunch some in the security industry some not serving military looking to come out. We got changed and moved to the training area the course was aimed at the threat being a single unarmed person and how to deal with all actions this person may or may not take.

The training and the way it was broken down was very good and structured very well run with Michael and his instructor jumping in to help out when you couldn't quite get something right or fine tune it to make it work a little more effectively. Working from scratch on different drills from one on one up to the drills that a team would do walking with a client were all covered slowly progressing as everybody got to grips with what we were doing taking beaks when we needed to grab water and food along the way. The content was spot on and very relevant to the UK/Europe CP industry and was tailored for this.

I just want to end by saying that if you get to train with Michael jump at the chance he has a wealth of martial arts experience that he has honed for the specific skills a CPO needs to have for todays world that we can use if required. Also he is a sound guy who nothing is too much trouble when teaching or hosting a course so thank you Michael to you and your team I really enjoyed it and will be back for more.

On a side note if you ever get to train at the BUDO KWAI in London it is an amazing place a great deal of history from the martial arts as well as being a training club the reception was very good from a visitors point of view all the staff and black belts had a very warm welcome and made you feel at ease great place.

Alex.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps someone and looking forward to meeting some of you at the VSC for the Annual Meeting in a few weeks time.

Best Regards,

Andy
andrew-bowler
andrew-bowler
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Review on CP2H2 Unarmed Tactics for Close Protection Course  Empty Re: Review on CP2H2 Unarmed Tactics for Close Protection Course

Post by Ted-Pencry 3/11/2014, 22:16

Andy,

Many thanks for posting.
Great review.

Is there a website?
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Review on CP2H2 Unarmed Tactics for Close Protection Course  Empty Re: Review on CP2H2 Unarmed Tactics for Close Protection Course

Post by andrew-bowler 4/11/2014, 07:55

Hi,
Sorry to get the name of the company wrong at the start and a few spelling mistakes but could not edit after posting. (So much for my proof reading!!! Lol)
I had no problems in posting this as it was a well run course in which I learned so much in the time frame given.
CPH2H does have a web site and now waiting for the next course, which I believe will be early next year.Just google the company's name and also they have a video clip on utube. Hope this helps.
When I receive the dates and details i should inform you all.

Best regards

Andy
andrew-bowler
andrew-bowler
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexa1 4/11/2014, 08:26

Hi Andy

glad you used my post on here hope it helps draw people to Michael and his very relevant training for todays CPO and again great to meet you and train with you until next time.

Alex.

alexa1
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down