Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronin South Africa

4 posters

Go down

Ronin South Africa Empty Ronin South Africa

Post by Ted-Pencry 15/10/2012, 20:56

CP course with a great reputation.
Ronin South Africa has been going for years.

More information:
http://www.ronin.co.za/index.php/close-protection61/close-protection-course
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Ronin South Africa Empty Re: Ronin South Africa

Post by OwenSL 8/5/2014, 23:21

I completed the training with Ronin SA in 2006 and I have nothing but positive things to say about their operation. The course content was very detailed, they took the time to ensure that all students understood, absorbed and could apply the material. The practical exercises including firearms, driving and medical were like nothing I have done before or since. I have recommended the training to many of my close friends and highly recommend Timm and his team to anyone looking for top quality, relevant CP training.
OwenSL
OwenSL
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexa1 9/5/2014, 06:30

I'll second what has been said about Ronin SA too I did my course in 2005 if you put the time and effort in to the course you will get a great deal back. They also have a good name in the industry and the reason I picked them was firstly I had to get on a plane and travel to another country out of my comfort zone before I even started the course. Which in my eyes is a positive step yes I could have done one in the UK but chose to push myself. The second reason was at the time it was more cost effective to fly to South Africa and complete the five week course with the rand to pound exchange rate at the time than stay in the UK with a certain company that was favourite at the time and do their four week cp course and then a further one week firearms course. Added to that we did live attachments with a ambulance crew assisting under the supervison of a paramedic.

Alex

alexa1
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Woedendstier 9/5/2014, 13:07

I passed my course in 2011 and agree with all of the above.

The guys who train there, as Alex stated, really want to discover and get out of their comfort zone, which can only lead to success. Ronin promotes a holistic vision of the job of a CPO. It's not "London or Iraq", it's about working anywhere in the world with any level of threat and any conditions. Strictly everyone agrees about the medical part and the course will be recognized, whatever company you aply with. I'm currently on a job that was advertised through the database.
Woedendstier
Woedendstier
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 9/5/2014, 13:24

Ronin SA can't really be faulted on anything, they are in the top 3 best CP training providers of all time.
They need no publicity whatsoever, but their attitude is simply amazing, its no wonder they are at the top.

They were the first to respond to our CPTP report questions and they should have been the last as they are swamped with work and trainees.
It just goes to show that you get to the top by hard work and I very much doubt other TP's work as hard as them.

As for some TP's, they didn't even have the decency to respond, no manners, a bad attitude, the report is giving them free publicity but they don't want to be put under the microscope.

Tough luck for them they won't be included in the report!
We even sent a second email to them to remind them about our questions…

Did they respond? No….
sickening really.
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by Woedendstier 9/5/2014, 18:49

I am not surprised by their fair answer, although being in the business for almost 20 years, they remain humble and adapt to, as they would say, "the real world".

Another thing I forgot to mention, thanks to the database, when I travel somewhere and have a bit of time, I try to meet fellow graduates, which has given me great intel about the job, the market, and the situation of the country I visit.

Each time I become a bit slackish at work, or have motivation diminishing, I remember how many times we discussed "excellence" during the course, and it gives me a great, and much needed kick in the arse.

I agree with you Ted, they can't be faulted on anything, yet lots of people in South Africa keep bashing Ronin, and to me that is the sign of jealousy, the kind of jealousy experienced by people who are 1) successful 2) upstanding.
Woedendstier
Woedendstier
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down