Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The female bodyguard who protects Kate Middleton

Go down

The female bodyguard who protects Kate Middleton Empty The female bodyguard who protects Kate Middleton

Post by Ted-Pencry 12/10/2012, 10:17

The female bodyguard who protects Kate Middleton Katebodyguard_93554_609164a

With her chic black hat and monochrome dress, most people probably assumed the well-dressed woman in the front passenger seat of the Rolls Royce at the recent royal wedding was the bride's designer.

Far from being there to protect Kate Middleton's crisp white frock from creases and spillages, though, elegant Emma Probert was there to protect her life.

The Duchess of Cambridge is just the latest A-lister to put her life in the hands of a lady -- close protection officer 39-year-old Sergeant Probert.

Ironically, in one of the most female-unfriendly professions imaginable, there are times when only a woman is man enough for the job.

"Toilets," explains veteran British bodyguard Jacquieline Davis (50). "We can go in toilets and don't stand out in the lingerie department.

"Royals I've looked after like it that I can sympathise when it's the wrong time of the month or they've had a row with their husband.

"[While] if we are looking after males, quite often people think that we are the wife, the secretary or the mistress -- it gives us a huge element of surprise."

During her 30 years on 'the circuit', as the bodyguarding world calls itself, the former London cop has been stabbed in the leg, thrown through a shop window and shot at by snipers. But she says her scariest moment was fending off a 400-strong gaggle of horny women while bodyguarding at a male strip show.

"I am shocked that I'm still alive," jokes Davis, who's also babysat celebs such as Liza Minnelli, Diana Ross and JK Rowling.

"Ultimately, you have to be prepared to take a bullet, especially [in countries] where you're not allowed to carry a hand gun. But the biggest thing about our job is being a diplomat. I have bullshitted my way into, out of and around so many situations."

Negotiation skills and discretion aside, there's another reason why rich Arab businessmen, A-listers and royals may prefer not to hire a buff, young bloke to mind their missus.

In 1980, Detective Sergeant Peter Cross was relieved of his duties amid speculation he had become "too close" to Princess Anne. Two years later, Princess Diana's bodyguard Barry Mannakee was also accused of getting too cosy with his principal.

Although both royals denied an affair, others like Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Britney Spears have 'done a Whitney' by getting involved with their bodyguard.

Other female BG's:

Anna Loginova

Glamorous Russian bodyguard Loginova was killed after attempting to prevent her own Porsche from being carjacked in 2008.

The 29-year-old model ran an agency for female bodyguards to protect Moscow's billionaires. Stripping down for a men's mag, she said: "I do think that a girl should be a girl, not a Terminator."

Lady Bardales

Bodyguard to Alejandro Toledo while he was President of Peru, former police lieutenant Bardales' career ended in controversy when she was accused of having an affair with her principal in 2005.

Dubbed 'Lady Bi', the 28-year-old was then indicted for illegal enrichment over her lavish lifestyle -- though the charges were later dropped.
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down