Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TCCC 3 days course

Go down

TCCC 3 days course Empty TCCC 3 days course

Post by Guest 24/3/2013, 09:28

Morning

Have speak with the director of FOST
http://www.formationoperationnellesecourismetactique.com/
There's an opportunitie to mplan a 3 days course HE Medic,they need to have a team at least 6 students i mean and then we can go a head for the date!
So let me know if someone will be interested.............
Cheers

Back to top Go down

TCCC 3 days course Empty Re: TCCC 3 days course

Post by Ted-Pencry 24/3/2013, 11:19

If the course is based in France then you will have trouble finding people on this site Snake as most guys on this forum are British and living either in UK or abroad for work.

I know that course and have heard about it before, the guy running it is ex French SF and was also in the Foreign Legion in the 2ème REI Regiment in Nimes.
He was also working in Counter Piracy Ops for a while.
HE knows his stuff!

TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care is fantastic and it all comes from the US Army.
I did a TCCC course and it is just perfect for CPO's or any person working in Hostile Environments.

It just takes all the BS out and leaves only the most important things we need to remember in order to up the chances of survival for the casualty.

It takes into account the environment and the first thing you learn is not to rush in, there is no point in running to a team mate down and under fire if this causes another casualty, instead of one problem there will be 2.

IT is straight down to earth stuff and KISS Keep it simple Stupid.
You don't learn to pack your first aid kit with crap.
Most of the time on the course is spent with a CAT in your hand whipping it on people and yourself as fast and as tight as possible, also using one hand to do it.

You will learn about massive bleeding and the use of Celox or Quickclot, wound packing, sucking chest wounds, how to use the Israeli bandage etc...

The course is so simple I can still remember the acronym (MARCHE)
-Massive Bleeding
-Airway
-Respiration
-Circulation
-Hypothermia
-Evacuation

If you look at other courses they will harp on about all sorts of hard stuff to remember.

Did the FPOS-I and I enjoyed the TCCC course better.

Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down