Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Client and self protection training in London

3 posters

Go down

Client and self protection training in London  Empty Client and self protection training in London

Post by anthony.keay 20/3/2014, 18:21

The biggest problem I have found when working in and around London is my close quarter combat skills suffer drastically. I would normally train every week whilst not on a job but whilst with a client you barley get time to rest never mind train. So once the task has finished its hard to get back to were you had left off.
This week though I met a fantastic instructor called Joel Bennett from zut Krav Maga who's passion and enthusiasm for training was outstanding. He is a true master of his trade and he took us through a very informative session. I was a bit concerned at first as there is a huge number of sub standard, so called Krav Maga instructors out there but my concerns were soon dispersed when we started going through some of the skills he was incorporating in to the lesson. They were the same high standard technics I was used to and not the Hollywood bullshit which is filtering around on YouTube.
I would defiantly recommend anyone who is the same boat as me and wants to train while in the London area or infact anyone who would like to start training self and client protection to check Joel out at www.zutkravmaga.co.uk

anthony.keay
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Client and self protection training in London  Empty Re: Client and self protection training in London

Post by Sabre 20/3/2014, 19:10

Great stuff, thanks Anthony. I will have to try to get Joel to join the forum for some self defence tips and info.
Sabre
Sabre
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

http://www.sabresecurity.info

Back to top Go down

Client and self protection training in London  Empty Re: Client and self protection training in London

Post by anthony.keay 21/3/2014, 20:37

I've contacted him to, he would be a great addition to the group he loved to listen to problems people had face on the job and give possible solutions. So hopefully could do something similar here.

anthony.keay
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre 22/3/2014, 02:43

Excellent, thanks Anthony.
Sabre
Sabre
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 24/3/2014, 14:11

There are so many styles of Krav Maga its unbelievable.
Its hard to weed out who is a good intructor and who isn't.

The truth is, you don't hear of any styles of Krav Maga in the Israeli Army, you do military Krav Maga taught by a military intructor because that is what he is paid to do,  teach KM as part of the basic training program.

I have lost count the number of styles of KM I have seen out there, every month someone new pops up with a new KM style.
There is hundreds of KM styles and currents and I find it very hard choosing which one teaches the right thing.

In every country there is dozens of styles.

Last edited by Ted-Pencry on 24/3/2014, 14:20; edited 1 time in total
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 24/3/2014, 14:20

Operational Krav Maga, Commanda Krav Maga, Security Krav Maga, IKMF, KMA, Tactical Krav Maga, Urban Krav Maga, Police Krav Maga, WKF,
Go ahead and search the web you will come up with hundreds of names the lists are endless.

I will tell you where all these names comes from, they come from big egos, greed and the love of money.

Basically Krav Maga started in Israel and as time passed by the students wanted to get in front of their masters, they parted and created new styles and currents with new names, then took the system abroad to other countries to rake in the cash.
And it goes on and on.
Maybe I will create CPD Krav Maga tomorrow, a new style of KM for members of CPD.

A small system that started so the Israelis and jewish people could defend themselves has now become a huge money making machine generating millions of dollars.
Its sickening because it has become extremely difficult to weed out the real deal instructors from the walts.
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre 24/3/2014, 14:48

Maybe your CPD Krav Maga can concentrate on purely third party protection Ted?!
 I`m not a big fan of having KM as a selling point for a CP course, okay it gives you an insight but to be competent you would have to train regularly to install the muscle memory.
I did a year or so with the UK Director of the IKMF and after around 12 months away from it I have more than likely lost most of the muscle memory, doing 10hrs on a CP course is pointless in my humble opinion.
Sabre
Sabre
CPD Moderator
CPD Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down