Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Close Protection Domain
Welcome to Close Protection Domain,

Please Log In or Register.
Security is our main priority and you will not be able to view posts or navigate on CPD until you register or Log In.
Close Protection Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which CP course and provider? A question that comes up time and time again

2 posters

Go down

Which CP course and provider? A question that comes up time and time again Empty Which CP course and provider? A question that comes up time and time again

Post by Ted-Pencry 9/11/2012, 13:09

I know this is a question that comes up time and time again. As soon as a newbie arrives on a forum he will usually introduce himself and then ask:

"Hi guys, I am looking for CP training, who is the best provider?"

To avoid 200 posts with the same question, I think we should have just this one thread listing the top CP training providers, we should also do the same for Marsec.

When someone asks the question and hasn't seen the threads, we can then point them in the right direction.

We need to keep this thread current and updated as new TP's pop up and also TP's disappear with time.

Would appreciate members help with this.

Who is the best CP training provider in your opinion and why?

Please put a bit of meat on the bones so that this topic can be valuable and informative to the CPD standards.

Please provide TP name, Website link for the training, a bit of background info on the company and how long it has been out there, the instructors backgrounds, course review.

A good CP course IMO is a complete one which includes both corporate type UK CP as well as HECP training and drills, firearms.

Many thanks,

Ted

Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry
CPD Founder & Administrator

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ted-pancri/5a/170/7a4

Back to top Go down

Which CP course and provider? A question that comes up time and time again Empty Re: Which CP course and provider? A question that comes up time and time again

Post by Ted-Pencry 12/11/2012, 17:01

Ok I will start with CRG - Control Risks Group

Which CP course and provider? A question that comes up time and time again Screen25

When you look at a training provider you want a company that will look good on your CV.
Who doesn't know CRG?
They are a very good company with tasks all over the world 365 days/year.

Not only does the company have a good name for itself, it has been going many years, its operational and the instructors all have CP experience and are ex SF.

With a few years military experience and an SIA Frontline CP licence it is possible to do the CRG HECPO Course and will help in being selected for future tasks by CRG.

Control Risks’ close protection training course

In order to work in close protection in the UK, you must hold a Close Protection SIA license. To gain this license close protection officers must have attended an accredited close protection course, hold a valid Health & Safety Executive first aid certificate and passed a criminal background check.

Control Risks runs accredited close protection courses to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge required by the SIA - Security Industry Authority. We are a preferred supplier to the Career Transition Partnership. Participants who pass the exam at the end of the course will be awarded a level 3 BTEC certificate in close protection operations. We have now achieved Approved Learner Provider status, which enables service leavers to claim back 80% of the Close Protection course costs (excluding food and accommodation) from the MoD as part of their resettlement package.

About the course
Our SIA accredited courses cover all key competencies mandatory for close protection operations. In addition, our instructors will be able to recommend available employment routes open to you.

The course covers:
Threat and risk assessment
Defensive driver training and situational awareness
Venue based security
Communication and conflict management skills
Real-life, practical final close protection exercise
Writing and updating your CV
Practical scenario exercises

The course provides operatives with all the skills they need to deal effectively with the challenges they are likely to face as a close protection operative. Mixing theory with practical, the course devotes considerable time and attention to practical scenario exercises to give participants the chance to practice the skills and techniques they have been taught. The course concludes with a real life, practical final close protection exercise.

Expert instructors
The course is taught by experienced instructors who combine extensive expertise in providing close protection, with current experience delivering close protection training courses.

Career opportunities
We take pride in our reputation for delivering close protection training which is well respected by employers, enjoyable for participants and, most importantly, gives attendees a head-start in finding work. Previous students of our close protection training now work within close protection, bodyguarding or security consultancy on deployments all around the world. Many are employed by Control Risks.

Training facilities

The course takes place on and nearby our secluded 1,000 acre estate, ensuring privacy for practical scenario exercises. Off-site accomodation and catering are provided throughout the course.
2012 Course fees

15-day Close Protection course - £2,990 (includes full board and examination fee)
With First Aid at Work course - £3,580

Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry

Back to top Go down

Which CP course and provider? A question that comes up time and time again Empty Re: Which CP course and provider? A question that comes up time and time again

Post by Tanman 12/11/2012, 17:59

I will have to go with the course i completed.

Ronin concepts. I chose this course as most of the guys i knew who were working in the sand pit recommended it. It covers Executive protection for about 21 days then Hostile for about 9 days.

The live firing package was put together very well and at the time was in the Czech republic, I think the location has changed now.

As it turned out the course went well on the CV and since i ve been over in the sand pit it seem s it is one of the respected courses out there.

At the time the instructors were ex SF who had been working on the circuit, Hostile and executive and were current in there practice.

Ronin concepts security elite (Hereford)
Tanman
Tanman
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 12/11/2012, 18:04

Hi Tanman,

Yes I hear a lot of good things about that course.
Is the CEO still John Geddes? He is ex 22 and wrote that very good book about Iraq, he was there when it all started.

Is he part of the instructor team?
He has a son as well if I am not mistaken, I think his son was ex para...

Definitely a course to look at.

Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted-Pencry 12/11/2012, 18:06

It used to be called Ronin Concepts Limited... Do you know why the name changed Tanman?
Ted-Pencry
Ted-Pencry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanman 12/11/2012, 18:21

Hi Ted

Yes its still John Geddes who owns the company. He was part of the instructor team but on a smaller level. He came into play more towards the hostile side of things.

Im not sure why the name has changed but i believe there was a few problems with Ronin South Africa due to the name. I read that somewhere so dont quote me.

I ve heard his book, (Highway to hell) was pretty good although i ve still yet to read it.

I havent met his son but his daughter is part of the office team. From what i saw it was a professional outfit and i would recommend it.
Tanman
Tanman
Verified CPD Member
Verified CPD Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down